Diary of our Summer holidays 2016

Snapshots of our great 4 and a half week holiday in Greece.

The boys (flashy included) and myself, flew with Nina and her girls to Athens on the 19th of July.

We stayed in Eretria for 1 night and then took the boat to Mykonos for 4 days. Felix met us there half way.

We all came back on the 25th to Eretria.

Nina and the girls sadly left on the 26th to Skiathos.

Andreas, Nina & Ella, joined us, unexpectedly, on the 26th of July until the 2nd of August. It was their first time at our house and we were a super full house. There was us 4, my dad & Anna, my cousin Amanda & Manolis, my brother Angelos & his pregnant wife Christina and her son Alexandros! 14 in total! I am glad they survived it! Next year we will be 16 as both Christina and Nina were pregnant with girls 😍. Oh and if my sis and her husband come then we are 18! That's it! The house sleeps 14 adults and we have two baby cots. I guess we need to start converting the basement to a kids room soon.

The 2nd of August was a crazy day. Andreas left at 7am and we had to clean the house and wash all bed sheets and towels as at 5pm the Huths (4 of them) and Sascha were arriving! We had our usual culinary week as Julian and Sascha are great cooks!

They all left on Tuesday the 9th of August.

Felix and I went on our first solo boat trip (the kids stayed with my dad and Anna). We sailed from Eretria to Lichadonisia. The first night we slept in Edipsos. We kind of cheated and slept in a spa hotel instead of the boat. Next day we stayed at the marvellous Limni. The weather conditions were very bad for us to return to Eretria therefore we left the boat at Limni and took a 2 and a half hour taxi ride back to Eretria. That was on Saturday the 13th of August.

Omi was meant to visit us on that day but sadly due to her fragile health she couldn't make the trip. 😔

On Monday morning the 15th we returned to Limni. This time with my dad and the kids. That night we watched the beautiful Independence Day of Limni. A representation with boats and torches of how the village fought the various "bad guys" as the kids called them. At the end there was a magical fireworks display.

We stayed and explored Limni for 2 days. These were the highlight of our holiday. Anna's cousin Andonis showed us the island on his 1972 jeep! He is the Dude! The big Lebowski as we called him!

We returned to Eretria on Wednesday the 17th and my dad, Amanda, Manolis and I rushed to Athens to visit my brothers newly born baby Areti! I am an auntie!!! Well, Second time aunt actually. Ella is my first niece but Areti is the first from my siblings! I am over the moon!

The last 2-3 days of our holiday in Eretria were lazy and relaxed.

We returned to a rainy Cologne which I was very happy about! I love coming back to a cool temperature after such a long time in the sun!

I am, we are, truly blessed to have such a wonderful family. To have the luxury of taking a 4 week holiday in such a beautiful house which my grandfather built for us, is truly unique.

Thank you God, the universe or whoever is responsible for this.

I am so incredibly thankful. I have a beautiful life, healthy children and a great, supportive, fun and loving husband.

I love you boys! Even though you drive me absolutely crazy most of the times!

Comments