Seriously easy Greek cheese and ham loaf!

Here is my easy peasie cheese and ham loaf. Below is the recipe but really the options are endless. I sometimes use olives as well or make it vegetarian by skipping the ham and adding, shredded carrots, sun dried tomatoes and broccoli. Sometimes even peas. Whatever you like!

Ok here goes....

150g self- raising flour (if u don't have sr flour use normal one and add 1 tsp of baking powder)
80 - 100g of Parmesan ( depending on how cheese u like it :) )
2 tbs chopped fresh mint
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
80g cooked ham chopped
4 eggs lightly beaten
80g melted butter

1. Preheat your oven at 180c
Lightly grease a loaf tin ( standard size one)
2. Sift the flour into a bowl and add the grated cheese, mint, chopped ham and whatever optional ingredient you might want to add I.e. chopped olives, shredded carrots, chopped broccoli etc.
TIP: if you are using many ingredients I suggest you use only 50gs of each so the load doesn't get too stodgy.

2. Lightly beat the eggs and stir them in the flour mixture and then add the melted butter. Mix well with a wooden spoon until well combined. The mixture will look thick and sticky.

3. Spread the mixture into the greased loaf tin and bake uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when inserted in the middle. It should also be lightly browned. Let it cool for at least 10mins.

This can be made a day ahead and will last better covered in a cotton napkin in the fridge. At least this is what I do. Oh and it freezes quite well too.

My kids love it and It's much healthier and yummier than normal bread. The best compliment I ever received was when a friend of mine thought I bought it from whole foods! Lol

Anyway, very easy to make and for my friend Cat who likes her low carb breads I am sure you can use Atkins flour and it will taste just as nice.

Happy baking!

Comments