On our way back home from the A&E

Well it took a long time to decide whether I should take him to
Chelsea and Westminster hospital instead of staying put at St Marys.
Apparently at C&W they have the facility of putting him to sleep in
order to glue his lip together. However I didn't really like the idea
of putting him to sleep for just a cut. The problem was that it wasn't a
straightforward cut - it had created a corner like an L shape which
makes it tricky to put together and to not leave a scar. In any case I
went for the option of swaddling him. There where 2 nurses and myself
holding him and the doctor carefully cleaned the cut and then glued
the "flap" together. It was so hard seeing my baby scream his lungs
out but thankfully the whole procedure didn't take more than 2
minutes. He looks a bit like a boxing fighter now and is very grumpy.
He is also very uncomforable with the glue and is trying to pull it
out but it's not possible. He also majorly drooling as he can't keep
his mouth shut properly. Must be patient! I have to say though, my
experience at the A&E was amazing! We were called in immediately and
everyone was so friendly and professional! I wish everyone has the
same experience as us every time they visit the hospital.

Get well my little angel.

Comments